It’s been almost a year since we shipped a prototype of Alcatraz for Xcode 4.
Lots of things happened in the meantime. Apple has released Xcode 5; Yes, it did break things. Yes, it disabled GC and supported ARC. Yes, it’s the best Xcode so far. There was plenty of work both we and plugin maintainers needed to do to stop crashing Xcode. Sorry Apple. Delisa and I both changed jobs and moved to San Francisco. It took us some time and energy to get back on track.
Today, we’re proud to announce Alcatraz 1.0 with support for Xcode 5, together with it’s shiny new logo and website! You can expect some content related to Xcode plugins in the near future.
I’d like to use this opportunity to give thanks to people that supported us:
- Mattt Thompson, for being a friend and spreading the word on conferences
- Eloy Durán, for doing so much for the whole community and inspiring us
- Jurre Stender for joining our team and making some cool stuff
- Orta Therox and Fabio Pelosin, for helping out with redesigning Alcatraz <3
- Boris Bügling, Tony Arnold and many other contributors for spreading out ideas, writing plugins and making all this possible